Monday, October 20, 2008


I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that is excited for the fact that our harvesting phase is coming to a screaching halt. Everything is bottled that will be bottled. The onions and the potatoes are in the cellar and they can stay there till I get the ambition to dry the onions. With the addition of a food processor chopper dealy it should make even that process a whole lot easier.
It is nice though to be blessed with food to store up and use during the winter and in times of need.
The kids were thrilled to dig the potatoes this year. They got their shovels out of the sandbox and thought they were digging for hidden treasure.




2 comments:

Dawny said...

Hey Nate,
I asked Leana for her blog address,and had fun reading hers, so then yours was listed,so I thought I would say hi.
It looks like you guys had an awesome garden. We just grew tomato's and green pepers. But it was fun to harvest them. Take care,love Dawnita

Angela said...

Hi, you might not know who I am, but Natalie should. If she has forgotten her dear old cousin, I'm going to be highly upset. Glad to see you on the blogging circuit! I found your blog off of Aunt Leana's. Look like you had a good crop this year. Take care.