Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Family Home Evening @ Independence



Since I am trying to get back in the habit of posting I might as well get to it and post again today.

I am planning on taking the youngmen backpacking up to Independence Lakes this weekend so we decided to take the family up last night & see where the trail was. We weren't able to leave till I got off work so we didn't make it all the way up to the lakes. Corbin & Sara were quite the hikers. Keagan took backseat in the pack and we made it 2 miles up the trail. It was a really pretty area. Natalie and I both agreed that we wanted to bring the family up there again and camp over on a Friday night and then hike up to the lakes Saturday morning. It got a bit cold on the way down & Cobin fell a couple times with his hands in his pockets, not a good scenerio. On one of his falls he broke his lip open, other than that the hike went without incident. Hopefully the backpacking trip this weekend will go as well.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Looks like a nice place - I'm sure you guys will have a great time camping there.