Monday, March 15, 2010

Time for an update.


Last fall I finally accepted defeat and gave up on the camper trailer project that I had been working on for a number of years. My Grandpa had given me a 72' Rancho Camper that I mounted on a 20' flatbed trailer. It weighed a ton and needed some updating and repairs. During the summer while trying to get it ready for going camping the fridge lit a nest the birds had built in a vent on fire and left some damage to the fridge and roof. Natalie unloaded everything out of the camper that very night. There was no further discussion the lofty dream was over. We hauled the camper to the dump and moved on with our lives.
The past couple months I have been searching around for a practical way to meet our wants of a place to stay out of the weather and a way to haul our four wheelers around. In our seach I had explored toy haulers, fifth wheels, and tent trailers. We went to an RV show in Twin and found our new home away from home. Unfortunately the weather hasn't worked in our favor yet and we haven't had a chance to take it out. We did let the kids spend a night in it out in the yard. We joked that camping out in our yard was probably more remote than most of the places we would ever take the trailer and definately a lot less people. Hopefully April will bring us some better weather and some new adventures to talk about. We are also hoping that our little truck will pull our train.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Looks nice! Have fun using it.

Dawny said...

I hope you have fun with your new R.V. Ours sat for a long time. But it's getting alot of use now as Jesse and Kimi's bedroom since they've been living with us. So it's a great guest room!!

Jackson Family said...

All right!!! Let's go camping. We are ready, I just wish the weather would be ready. The trailor looks like it is great, I think you'll love having it.