Monday, April 20, 2009

Man's best friend.


This past weekend I went back packing with the varsity scouts. We had a great trip. When I got home Cody, our australian shepherd/border collie dog sat by my truck door wimpering while I climbed out. She seemed sad and afraid, but I thought that it might have something to do with her possibly being pregnant, but we never know. I didn't think too much of it and went inside to see how the family was doing. Later on we cleared the garden spot and a couple other spots around the yard. Cody stayed close by and moped the whole time.

After lunch Natalie and I decided to go out to the forest and clear some of the trees that had blown down with the heavy winds we had this spring. There are probably a hundred dead pines that have tipped over and need sawed up. While we were figuring out where to get started noticed something on the ground. To save the gruesome details, Nat's Shitzu was eaten.
He had been a part of our family since the start. A great deal of the time he caused trouble, like marking all the carpets in the house & jumping out of the jeep while driving down trails hanging from his leash. He ate pine cones, liked to paw on the window in the middle of the night, and licked himself while you were sleeping till it almost drove you nuts. He was Natalie's friend and protector. He would always sit in the same places and she could count on him to protect her while I was away. He liked to tricks and loved banana's. We miss him cleaning up food under the table and tearing around the yard, just because he was excited to be outside. We will miss our little friend Edes.

4 comments:

Stacee Maree said...

eaten by what? how sad?

Jackson Family said...

O.K. Now I am crying again. Even though I'm not around much he was one of my best little friends and I will miss scrathing his back to make his head almost touch his tail because he loved it soooooo much. The last time we were up there I tried to get dad to let me try to talk you in to letting me take him home, but he wouldn't let me try. I think he was a sweetheart and I'm sure he is chasing Ginger around.

Nate said...

We really don't know what got him. Most likely a Coyote.

The kids have been sad. I think Sara understands, but Corbin keeps saying that he doesn't want Edes to go to heaven he wants him to come back. We went and got a new puppy yesterday. I think it will help the kids and Cody to cope.

Moormann Clan said...

So sad.. He will be missed. I will never forget cutting his hair with Natalie, we did such a good job, lol! You'll have to put some pictures of the new puppy on here.